Restaurant Week 2019: Sal E Pepe in Newtown
Welcome to the first-ever Townsquare Media of Danbury Restaurant Week
This week, we featured some absolutely unbeatable deals (and some giveaways) from some of the very best restaurants in the area.
During a live interview with Angelo, the owner of the award-winning Newtown favorite discussed his success despite the fact that he has had no formal culinary training, how his business has been running for all these years and even brought us some sample treats. They also offer up a chance for YOU to win a gift card for the restaurant.
Before you check out Angelo's full interview below, here are some of the highlights:
- "We won best Italian restaurant in Connecticut for 2019 by CT magazine reader choice awards" - Angelo
- "All of our pasta is made in house" - Angelo
- "Wow, mama mia, that's a good meatball" - Mr. Morning
- "We're kind of a global restaurant, we don't only stick to traditional Italian food" - Angelo
- "My mouth is full and that's a good thing" - Mr. Morning
- "We just like to cook, what we like to eat" - Angelo
Here is a photo gallery of our visit with Sal E Pepe: