If you end up with pothole damage in Connecticut, you may have help paying for some or all of the bill for vehicle damage, according to the Connecticut State Department of Transportation.

You start by submitting a claim for the damage within 90 days of the incident. Being prompt is important according to the DOT Website, so the sooner the better.

A claim for damage caused by a pothole must be in writing with your name, address, phone number, description of what happened and what date and time it happened. Be sure to include the exact location where it occurred, any damage to surrounding property, as well as personal injury.

You can send correspondence to:

Connecticut Department of Transportation Attn: Claims Unit P.O. Box 317546 Newington, CT 06131-7546.

In New York State, pretty much everything's online and you can find out how to file a claim by clicking here.

Read More Local Stories:

New Milford’s Got a Pocket Pit — Let’s Meet Isabelle:

"Mama Morning" Explains How to Listen to KICKS 105.5 on Alexa:

More From The Wolf