Two Danbury Suspects Face Drug Factory Charges After Police Bust
According to a press release from the The Danbury Police Department, two suspects were arrested in the Hat City yesterday (9/12/22).
Authorities say that Paul Mignani is a known narcotics dealer in the area who was already on probation. The Danbury PD says they received word that Mignani was dealing Fentanyl, and launched an investigation "several months ago."
The investigation was a collaborative effort between the Danbury Police Department Special Investigations Division (SID), the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and the Danbury Patrol Division. Recently, police were able to obtain search/seizure warrants for Mignani's person, home and business on the strength of their evidence against him.
Police executed the warrants after they say they observed Mignani "meeting up with buyers and conducting hand-to-hand transactions." Police took Mignani into custody as he was attempting to enter his vehicle.
A search of the suspect allegedly turned up 10 bags of Fentanyl and crack cocaine. Dawn Gonzalez lives with Mignani and was with him when police moved in. Gonzalez lives with Mignani, according to the press release, and she was also taken into custody.
While officers were reportedly searching the suspects, others were searching their residence and DPD says they found the following:
- 50 grams of fentanyl, packaged in bags and in bulk form
- Over 60 grams of crack cocaine
- Several hundred glassine bags used for packaging fentanyl
- An electronic scale, and rubber bands
- Numerous other pills
- 2 large capacity magazines for handguns and ammunition
The volume of packaging materials resulted in drug factory charges. Mignani also faces:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance ( 6 counts )
- Possession of Narcotics With Intent to Sell Over 1 ounce ( 3 counts )
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Illegal Possession of High Capacity
- Illegal Possession of Ammo
Mignani had previously pled guilty to distributing heroin, resulting in 2 overdose deaths investigated by the Bethel Police Department and is currently on Federal Probation. Dawn Gonalez has her own charges, including:
- Conspiracy to Possess Narcotics With Intent To Sell
- Conspiracy to Possess a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Narcotics over 1 ounce WITS