"New York is always synonymous with colossal skyscrapers and Empire State Building is its signature of it. The “Upstate New York” which is north of New York City and Long Island is defined as anything outside the dense forests of the metropolitan areas. There are unexplored areas of New York that are quite underrated and deemed as the most beautiful town," the website writes about its list.
The website didn't go into details about how it crafted its list but the Hudson Valley dominates the list.
Hudson Valley Dominates List of Most Beautiful Towns In New York
Hudson Valley residents know how beautiful the area is. Now, we have some more proof.
Nine of the 14 towns chosen are in the Hudson Valley. In fact seven of the top 10 most beautiful towns In New York.
However, the state's most beautiful town isn't in the Hudson Valley. Though, it's a location many visit. What's number 1? What towns from the Hudson Valley made the list? The full list is below, but first take a look at another top 10 list of most beautiful towns in New York, which also is dominated by the Hudson Valley.
Below are the 14 New York States towns named "most beautiful" and "underrated by Travel.Com
14) Beacon, New York- Dutchess County
13) Narrowsburg, New York- Sullivan County
12) Aurora, New York - Cayuga County
11) Tivoli, New York- Dutchess County
10) Skaneateles, New York - Onondaga County
9) Ithaca, New York - Tompkins County
8) Cold Spring, New York - Putnam County
7) Sleepy Hollow, New York - Westchester County
6)Tarrytown, New York - Westchester County
5) Woodstock, New York - Ulster County
4) New Paltz, New York - Ulster County
3) Saugerties, New York - Ulster County
2) Rhinebeck, New York- Dutchess County
1) Town of Lake George, New York - Warren County
LOOK: Here is the richest town in each state
Just saying the names of these towns immediately conjures up images of grand mansions, luxury cars, and ritzy restaurants. Read on to see which town in your home state took the title of the richest location and which place had the highest median income in the country. Who knows—your hometown might even be on this list.
These Counties Have The Most Food Stamp Recipients Per Capita In New York
SNAP usage has increased across the state since the start of the pandemic
Chick-Fil-A Opens Surprise Free Pop-Up In Mid-Hudson Valley
Massive World-Class Dinosaur Theme Park Planned For Hudson Valley
Another Hudson Valley hometown is in the running to be the site of a massive world-class dinosaur theme park.