Connecticut Squirrel Causes Power Outage to 1,300 Customers
Power outages are a nightmare and in the past month, Fairfield county has had way more than its share. When the tornadoes and macrobursts hit on Tuesday, May 15, many residents were without power for more than a week. But, weather had nothing to do with a power outage on Wednesday when 1,300 people in Fairfield, CT lost electrical service. Nope...this time it was a different type of nature. It was a squirrel.
Rep-am.com reports that firefighters have determined that a squirrel caused a short circuit which blew out power. United Illuminating worked quickly to get power back.
This is the second time within the last sixty days that the adorable, furry nut-loving animal has been the culprit of loss of power to the town of Fairfield, CT. The squirrel's condition remains undisclosed.
Read more local stories:
Bonus: How to Win the Country Cash Up to $5K