Red Cross Sets Up Danbury Area Blood Drives As Supply Gets Low
Blood donations usually slow down during the holiday season, but this year the Red Cross is asking for your help as blood supplies get dangerously low.
The holiday time usually sees a slow down in the amount of people who give blood, but this year if you couple that with the ongoing coronavirus, the Red Cross is reporting that their supplies have become dangerously low, and to entice the public to donate, they have come up with some pretty sweet incentives.
According to patch.com, if you donate blood now through December 16, you'll get a $10 Amazon Gift Card and you'll be entered in the running for a chance to win a private screening of "The Matrix Resurrections" at a local theater for you and 50 of your closest friends.
In order to accommodate the need for blood donations, the local chapter of the American Red Cross has set up blood drives in the Danbury area over the next few weeks, here's their schedule:
- Friday December 10, Newtown Congregational Chuch on West Street in from 8:30 AM until 6:30 PM
- Monday December 13, New Fairfield Congregational Church on Gillotti Road from 11 AM until 3:45 PM
- Thursday December 16, Ridgefield Congregational Church on Main Street from 10 AM until 3 PM
- Thursday December 23, Immanuel Lutheran Church on Clapboard Ridge Road from 8 AM until 1 PM
- Tuesday December 28, Newtown Congregational Chuch on West Street from 10 AM until 3 PM
- Wednesday December 29, Congregational Church of Brookfield on Whisconier Road from 1:30 PM until 6:30 PM
- Wednesday December 29, Ridgefield Park and Rec Center on Danbury Road from 1:30 PM until 6:30 PM
- Thursday December 30, Hilton Garden Inn on Mill Plain Road in Danbury from 9 AM until 2 PM
Keep in mind that donors have to be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be in fairly good health. The Red Cross is also asking anyone who wants to donate blood to make an appointment before heading to the blood drive by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS, or book your appointment on line through the American Red Cross Donor App.