Police: 5 Children Found in Danbury After Alleged Kidnapping by Relative
A woman was arrested in Danbury yesterday (February 13) after allegedly kidnapping three of her own children and two others.
According to a press release from the Connecticut State Police, a be on the lookout message (BOLO) was sent out for a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer out of Pittsfield, MA was sent out just before 3:00 PM. It was believed that 40-year-old, Shareen Tanna of Pittsfield had taken the children in custodial interference and had threatened to harm herself and the kids. At the time, the alert specified that she may have been headed to Rochester, NY on I-84.
State Troopers then found the vehicle at the Alltown convenience store and gas station (formerly Fast Freddie's) just off of Exit 8 on Newtown Rd. Tana was taken into custody on an extraditable warrant from Pittsfield for kidnapping a minor by a relative.
Thankfully, all five of the children in the vehicle are safe.
Shareen Tanna has been charged as a fugitive from justice and held on a $100,000 surety bond.
Read More Local Stories:
- The Worst Places in Greater Danbury to Take Your Valentine
- What's Lurking at the Bottom of Candlewood Lake?
- Brookfield Home May Have Been a Stop on the UNderground Railroad
- Dover Plains Woman Shocks World, Pregnant With Father's Baby
- An Idea That Ensures We Will NEVER Forget the 'Ice Jam' in Kent
How Do the People of New Milford React to Valentine's Day?
Mr. Morning's Mom Explains How to Add Us to Your Alexa Skills: