Danbury Resident Makes the ‘Forbes 400: Richest People in America’ List
Of the 400 wealthiest Americans, seven of which live in Connecticut, there is one who lives among us. Yes, my friends, our neighbor in Danbury has made it to the "Forbes 400 2017: Meet the Richest People in America" list.
Courant.com weeded through the rest and came up with the wealthiest nutmeggers on the list. Take a look:
- At the top of the Connecticut list, once again this year, is Bridgewater Associates founder and Greenwich resident, Ray Dalio, who has a personal worth of $17-billion.
- The founder of SAC Capital is at the number two spot. Steve Cohen has $13 billion in the bank and also lives in Greenwich.
- Worth $4.8 billion, Karen Pritzker of Branford is CT's third wealthiest person. Heir to the Hyatt hotel chain, Pritzker and hubby, Michael Vlock, have made some good money decisions by investing in big name companies like Apple.
- The number four spot on CT's wealthiest list belongs to a guy who doesn't spend much time up in the northeast, but is still listed as calling Greenwich his home-sweet-home.His name is Paul Tudor Jones II, and he has a very healthy bank account to the tune of $4.6 billion.
- Another Greenwich resident is a newbie to the list. Clifford Asness, CEO of AQR Capital Management, has an estimated net worth $3 billion.
- In 1997, Stephan Mandell Jr., who also lives in Greenwich, started Lone Pine Capital. Although his ranking dropped a bit this year, he still has a net worth of $2.5 billion.
- The lucky number seven spot belongs to a Danbury resident. Peter Buck founded he Subway sandwich shop chain and has an estimated worth of $2.3 billion.
A Look Inside New Milford's Most Expensive Home:
NY Couple Receives a Wedding Gift From James Otto in Danbury:
We Found the Guy Who Exposed This Abandoned CT Neighborhood: