Vacation Review Goes Horribly Wrong for Connecticut
I love Connecticut, but anyone who knows me will tell you, I'm a biblical glutton for punishment.
One of the only things I like more than the Nutmeg State, is someone that can make me laugh, a person like Alex Traynor. Today, I opened Alex's Youtube video titled "Vacation Review: Connecticut" and enjoyed every second of the 7+ minute video.
Although I normally defend CT, this video has a few things working in its favor. I could use a break from the Constitution State right about now and more important, I don't know why anyone would choose to "vacation" here.
Live here? Sure, you can't beat a town like New Milford on a snowy day just before Christmas, and there are few things more enjoyable than cruising Candlewood Lake on the week of the 4th of July (not that day). But to vacation here, if you have other options, seems like a fruitless exercise. Alex made this point time and again in this video that was posted on June 6, 2022, and already has 5,000+ views three days later.
- "The Wal-Mart version of Lin-Manuel Miranda is desperately trying to get CT residents to not-leave by blaming them."
- Ned Lamont campaign photo that reads "It's all your fault" with a picture of Ned looking like he's knee-deep in a pass-the-buck tornado.
- Money shot aimed at Jimmy Buffet AKA easily the most overrated person and idea.
- "The highest point in our state is on the border, on the slope of a mountain, that peaks in a different state."
- "Long Island is blocking all the good ocean."
- "Looking for a quiet, secluded hike? Try downtown Hartford at 5 pm."
- "CT's most-visited attraction, is the rest stop on the highway to other places."
- "I might not be visiting exceptional stuff but it's my stuff."
Alex has a successful Youtube page with many videos like this one, go check them out.
Danbury Officials Throw Parade for UFC Champ + Hat City Resident Glover Teixeira
Inner Sanctum - Behind the Curtain on Danbury's Mysterious Free Masons
All Along the Posh Tower, Glorious $15 Million Connecticut Estate Hits the Market