5 Quiet Beaches to Check Out in Connecticut for a Little Peace
Are you ready for the summer? Crowded parks, congested highways, beach blankets lined up end to end along the shore? Yeah, me neither. So, let's check into some great quiet spots to spend those lazy, hazy, crazy days.
- Ridegefield, CT - Martin Park Beach, 19 Great Pond Road - Did you even know that there was a beach in Ridgefield? One reviewer calls this a "diamond in the rough".
- Niantic, CT - Hole-in-the-Wall Beach, 4 Baptist Lane - beachcombers love the boardwalk and say that this is a great place for a date.
- Bridgeport, CT - Pleasure Beach, - Onlyinyourstate.com says that this little gem was abandoned after a fire burned the bridge to the mainland. The bridge is back but the crowds aren't back yet.
- Old Saybrook, CT - Harvey's Beach, Great Hammock Road - Mommypoppins.com says the sand never seems to end on this beach at low tide so it's a great place for families seeking shells and land to build sand castles.
- Milford, CT - Silver Sands State Park, 1 Silver Sands Park Way - tripadvisor.com ranks this beach #1 of the 24 things to do in Milford and the reviews say it's quiet, beautiful and great for families.
Read more local stories:
Bonus: How to Win the Country Cash Up to $5K
Bonus: How to Win the Rascal Flatts VIP in CT Experience