My Latest Netflix Addiction ‘The OA’ Was Filmed in New York and Connecticut
The new Netfilx series The OA debuted before Christmas without much promotion or fanfare, but it completely hooked me. Somehow, the show is disturbing, reassuring, and other-worldly simultaneously.
The OA -- short for Original Angel -- is produced in conjunction with Brad Pitt's Plan B Entertainment.
I love that this show was filmed in parts of New York that I recognize, as well as parts of Connecticut.
Here is a list of areas in New York where the show was filmed according to Atlas of Wonders:
- The main character's house is in Tappan.
- The kids neighborhood was Woodbury Junction in Central Valley.
- The High School featured was Monroe Woodbury High School, which is right across the street from Woodbury Junction.
- The high school cafeteria scene was shot on the campus of Pace University's Briarcliff Campus in Westchester County.
- An office building in Rye Brook serves as the location where the main character, Prarie, meets an FBI therapist.
- You can see Harriman State Park featured the season finale.
- The hotel from the last episode is the Holiday Inn in Orangeburg-Rockland/Bergen.
- A crash scene in the movie was shot at New Croton Dam in Croton-on-Hudson.
The Day reports that the underwater scenes were filmed in Groton, CT, at Survival Systems in Groton, over the course of two days.
Listen to Mr. Morning & Suzy weekdays from 6:00-10AM on 105.5 FM, online at kicks1055.com/listen-live/ or by downloading the radioPup app for your mobile device.