Man Killed After Hitting Truck on 684
A 54-year-old man died in a 3-car accident on 684 in the Hudson Valley.
New York State Police from the Somers barracks are investigating a fatal three-cars crash that happened on northbound side of Interstate 684, just south of exit 9W in the town of Southeast.
Jon A. Slater, 54, of Danbury, C.T., was pronounced dead on scene and transported to the Putnam Hospital Center.
An initial police investigation revealed that a commercial dump truck left the median from 684 and headed back onto the highway. Slater’s vehicle rear-ended the dump truck and then traveled into the middle lane and struck a third vehicle, police say.
The Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the Collision Reconstruction Unit continue to investigate the cause of this collision. As of this writing no charges have been filed.
- Hudson Valley Father Who Killed Infant Gets Maximum Sentence
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused 4-Year-Old
- Hudson Valley Officer Fatally Shot in Head
- World Series MVP Engaged to Hudson Valley Woman
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Charged With Murder After Dead Body
- Will The Hudson Valley Experience a Huge Thanksgiving Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Accused of Raping Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley