‘Law & Order: SVU’ Filming New Scenes 10 Miles From the Connecticut Border
Since the debut of Law & Order on September 13, 1990, there have been 116 different filming locations in and around New York City, according to the website onlocationtours.com. So the fact that some of the current filming of Law & Order: SVU is taking place only 9.4 miles from the Connecticut border is a monumental moment and has me very excited.
I have scoured the internet to find any Law & Order scenes filmed in Connecticut, and I came up with bubkis. Thanks to the website chron.com, I have discovered that Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has recently begun filming in Westchester, New York, in Elmsford.
Filming continued at Motel 6 in Elmsford on Friday and featured scenes including main characters Sergeant Fin (played by Ice-T) and Olivia Benson (played by Mariska Hargitay.)
The Elmsford, NY scenes will appear in episode 17, which is scheduled to air on March 22, according to epguides.com. If you happen to be a Law & Order fanatic, click on onlocationtours.com to find every New York City Law & Order filming location. I don't know about you but I believe that any Law & Order or Law & Order spinoff are some of the most binge-worthy shows on TV.
Let's look at some Law & Order FUN FACTS thanks to thethings.com.
- NBC almost canceled Law & Order for not hiring enough female actresses. However, the show's producer decided to add more females to the cast to continue their relationship with NBC.
- Mariska Hargitay Got Hurt Doing A Stunt On Set - Mariska did all her stunts. Still, unfortunately, she accidentally hurt herself doing an action, and it caused the partial collapse of one of her lungs.
- Dick Wolf, the creator of Law & Order, used to produce toothpaste commercials.
- The "thunk-thunk," the trademark sound effect associated with the show, is supposed to be a judge's gavel.
- An attempt to produce a Law & Order: Los Angeles failed miserably.
- Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler were never meant to become romantically involved.
- Mariska Hargitay is paid around $450,000 per episode and is one of the highest-paid actresses on TV. Can you guess the names of other well-paid actresses?