Spring Leaf Pick-Up Returns to Danbury Soon
Are you excited to see the arrival of Spring but none to happy about the yard work ahead? The City of Danbury has announced its Spring leaf pick-up schedule.
I don't know about your yard, but ours still has a bunch of leaves left. The early snow of 2017 saw leaves still on our tress, only to fall after the fact and then it was way to cold and snowy to deal with them. To that end, if you're like me, there is a ton of them around your house.
The city’s spring leaf pick-up program begins April 16 and will run through May 25.
All of the the details can be found on danbury-ct.gov about the city's Spring Leaf Pick Up Program. The program is free and offers residents the chance to get rid of dead leaves and branches left behind from this winter. Here's some of the info:
- Only leaves stored in paper leaf bags without tape should be left curbside for the program. Crews will not collect bags with tape of any kind, plastic bags, large debris, grass, rocks, dirt, garbage or animal waste.
- Branches will be collected separately and must be cut into lengths no longer than 4 feet. No limb may be larger than 4 inches in diameter. Branches must be bundled with twine and no heavier than 35 pounds.
- The Leaf Pick-Up Program is divided by I-84. Sections A is South of I-84 (Zip Code 06810) and Section B is North of I-84 (Zip Code 06811)
- Section A will be picked up the first week, April 16 through April 20, 2018. Residents in this Zip Code are asked to place their bags curbside Sunday evenings.
- Section B will be picked up the following week, April 23 through April 27, 2018. Residents in this Zip Code are asked to place their bags curbside Sunday evenings.
Again, the FREE leaf pick - up starts on April 16th and this scheduled cycle repeats through May 25th.
More info can be found at danbury-ct.gov
Read More Local Stories:
Abby the Chocolate Lab Will Take Your Breath Away
How to Turn On KICKS 105.5 Mobile App Alerts