Fairfield Home Built in 1750 and Steeped in History Now on the Market
On July 7, 1779, General William Tryon led his British troops from Compo Beach in Westport towards Fairfield which would soon become a battlefield of death and destruction.
The attack was called the "Burning of Fairfield", also known as the "Battle of Fairfield", where British General Tryon and his troops showed no mercy as they defeated the Patriots and burned a significant part of Fairfield's buildings to the ground.
One of the buildings left standing was a home which is now 349 Beach Road. That home was built in 1750, just 29 years before the Battle of Fairfield and it has just been put on the real estate market for $2,495,000.