Crazy Laws Still on the Books in New York
Flirting could cost you, my friend, so watch your step.
Sound crazy? It sure is. But the problem is that once a law is on the books for whatever reason they were put there, it is difficult to get them off because someone might actually still care. Read on for some crazy laws still on the books in New York.
Cozy up to a tiger and you could be fined $500. This has only been a law since 2014. The New York Post reports that Manhattan Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal presented this law to prevent maulings at traveling circuses and country fairs where there were two maulings in the last 10 years.
- 2The New York Post also reports that it is illegal to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun. Well, why else would you do that?
- 4It is against the law to divorce for irreconcilable differences, states Ranker.com, unless both parties agree to it. Wait! What?
- 5Ranker.com says that it is not illegal for a woman to be topless unless it is being used for business. Men, I guess you're off the hook.
- 6Accorcing to Atarlife.com it is a rule that you may not speak to someone while in an elevator. You must also look at the door and have your hands folded. Anything else is punishable by stopping at every floor.
- 8You better have that watch set and pop those babies off after 10:00pm or your family may be visiting you up the river. According to CraveOnline.com stuff like that can get you locked up.
- 9CraveOnline.com says that it is against the law for a woman to be in public wearing “body hugging clothing”. Men, I guess it's ok for you.
- 10CraveOnline.com says that it is illegal to greet someone by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”. Putting one's thumb on someone else's nose and wiggling their fingers is fine.
The New York Post that you could be fined $25 for batting your eyes at the mailman so don't even try it.