Connecticut Health Officials Say Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Risk Rises
As if you don't have enough to worry about as the new year takes hold. Now this.
It's colder than a witches "you-know-what" out there right now, and you're focused on staying warm. Don't forget about safety in your home, though.
Baby, it's cold outside. And while we all knew it was coming, this bitter cold spell is chilling us a bit more to the bone right now because we had a fairly mild Winter last year. As the heat continues to crank in your home Connecticut public health officials are warning residents to be careful of carbon monoxide dangers during the ongoing cold snap.
Connecticut's Department of Public Health has this posting:
Everyone who uses oil, natural gas, liquid propane, or wood and pellet stoves should make sure that their heating system has been cleaned and inspected within the last year. If the burning of fuel is incomplete, carbon monoxide gas can form and build up in your home.
You, of course, are urged to have a carbon monoxide alarm in your house. And no matter how cold is right now, don't hesitate to get outside immediately if you suspect the possibility of a poisoning.
For more information about the dangers of carbon monoxide you can contact the CT Department of Public Health at 860-509-7740 or go online to ct.gov
Stay warm, but most importantly stay safe.
Read More Stories:
Bonus Video: Winter Weather - Do You and Your Family Brace or Hunker?