Cheetos Will Expand Production into CT Joining Long List of Fried Snacks
According to the Hartford Courant, Cheetos production will expand into Connecticut. Frito-Lay will add two Cheetos manufacturing sites in Killingly, CT. The project will reportedly take two years, kick off in Spring of 2022 and eventually create 120 new jobs at the new production facilities.
Cheetos joins a long list of snacks made right here in the Nutmeg State that include:
- Newman's Own - Westport, CT - Makes cookies, salad dressing, snacks, tomato sauce, salsa and popcorn
- Crystal Rock Water - Waterford, CT - Water
- Munson's Chocolates - Bolton, CT - Chocolatiers
- Lesser Evil Snack - Danbury, CT - Healthier snack options in the pop and puff variety
- Deep River Snacks - Deep River, CT - Kettle Cooked Chips
- Herr's Foods - North Haven, CT - Potato Chips
- UTZ Quality Foods - East Hartford, CT - Potato Chips
- Howard's Snacks - Hamden, CT - Fried Pork Skins
The above are either headquartered in CT or have a manufacturing facility in the state.
Basically, if you can fry it, if it cracks, smacks, puffs or even squeals we will manufacture it and put it in a tiny foil bag here in Connecticut. What sandwich would be complete without a bag of chips? Lunch would be a bucket of yuck without Connecticut continually cranking out side piece snacks.
No offense to the folks at UTZ Quality Foods, but it's a miracle anyone ever bough the first bag. I know they've been around forever and yes I've had my fair share of UTZ chips in my life, but it really had to be a difficult first few years getting people to ingest UTZ. No, really UTZ are delicious. That's a tough sell.